Design, Engineering and Manufacturing
Pelatron’s uniquely and highly experienced team of systems and production engineers, and program management specialists excel in design, assembly and manufacturing of complex systems. Our team utilizes their experience and knowledge in advanced technology, and business practices to create viable solutions for our customers.
Pelatron’s engineers execute processes that lead to efficiency gains that decrease costs, increase productivity, and improve product quality. Our engineering team excels in designing, building, integrating and manufacturing tactical command and control (C2) systems. Our engineers specialize in radio and SATCOM systems, providing R&D, engineering, operations and maintenance. In addition, we provide comprehensive systems engineering services, including security engineering, storage engineering, database engineering, and network engineering.
- Computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) and fabrication
- Computer-aided design (CAD), 3D modeling, and assembly drawing (meeting Level 2 Department of Defense standards)
- Computer-aided engineering (CAE), simulation, analysis, mechanical flow, thermodynamics, and electrical design
- Research and development engineering; spiral design development
- Rapid prototyping.
Human Centered Design
From R&D to prototyping, testing, production and sustainment, our team utilizes human centered design applications in its manufacturing design and processes to create products that are tailored and relevant to their user. Pelatron uses an interdisciplinary approach to product design and development based on understanding and meeting human needs. The Human Centered Design methodology puts the goals of the user at the center of all activities from discovery to deployment. This approach uses a series of proven practices, including spiral development, rapid prototyping, user persona modeling, scenario development, and user engagement to hone the ultimate user design. In addition, it fuels the discovery-driven process, saving time and money that otherwise would be spent executing downstream re-design.
Pelatron uses an interdisciplinary approach to product design and development based on understanding and meeting human needs. The Human Centered Design methodology ensures a more relevant user centered product concept because the emergent system puts the goals of the user at the center of all activities from discovery through deployment. This approach uses a collection of proven practices, including spiral development, rapid prototyping, user persona modeling, scenario development, and user engagement to hone the ultimate user design. In addition, it fuels the discovery-driven process, saving time and money that otherwise would be spent executing downstream re-design.
Pelatron fills a growing demand for manufacturing, fabricating new products and components for advanced communications systems. As an example, Pelatron developed and manufactured Power Distribution Units (PDU), black and red signal entry panel kits that Pelatron developed as components in Combat Operations Centers (COC) that support the U.S. Marines ground command and control capabilities. Pelatron is leveraging its manufacturing and assembly competencies in new markets and expanded platforms.
Pelatron’s capabilities in Engineering and Technology include:
- Research & Development
- Technical Data Package development and analysis
- Systems Integration
- Testing and Evaluation
- Fabrication and light manufacturing
- Field Service Representative (FSR) services
Pelatron's Engineering and Manufacturing Contracts:
- Pelatron successfully served as prime contractor on a series of contracts and task orders to provide R&D, prototype development, testing and integration, and manufacturing of a mobile, modular satellite-based C2 system for the Marine Corp. The various evolutions of the system included M2C2, COBRA3, and Networking On-The-Move (NOTM)—which was fielded in 2011. Pelatron delivered 59 systems and provided follow on FSR and sustainment. MARCORSYSCOM highly rated Pelatron’s contract performance.
- Pelatron is currently the prime contractor to the Air Force to modify and build Control and Reporting Center (CRC) Operations Modules (OM) production units to replace legacy OMs that are currently fielded with Air Control Squadron units. The OM serves as the command and control (C2) node for CRC.
- Pelatron is also a current prime on the Air Force Platform Engineering and Integration for Tactical and Strategic Systems (PEITSS) IDIQ. PEITSS provides tactical and strategic battle management and C2 capabilities including close air support, surveillance, communications, airspace management, and weapons control. Pelatron will support the procurement, integration, fielding and support of battle management and C2 systems and capabilities in mobile, re-locatable and fixed platforms.
- Pelatron developed a Unified Theatre Server Platform (UTSP) “Doc in a Box” prototype Communications System for the DoD, based upon the NOTM platform it developed for the U.S. Marines. UTSP is a containerized network platform that uses multiple servers to provide beyond the line of sight communications in austere environments. UTSP provides more utility per grid, increased power efficiency, improved redundancy and better scaling.